Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Peach Dessert

Peach Dessert is a family favorite this time of year, when Utah's peaches are at their best! The name may not be too catchy, but the dessert will leave you wishing peach season lasted all year. I'm not one to keep a good recipe to myself (even the family ones) so here it is.




Peach Dessert
1 box Nilla Wafers-crushed
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cube butter, softened
8-10 cups peaches skinned and sliced
1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped

Beat sugar, egg, and butter until creamy and fluffy. Set 1/4 cup of Nilla Wafer crumbs aside and mix the remaining crumbs with the sugar/egg/butter mixture. Mix together and press into a 9x13" pan to form the crust. Add the sliced peaches, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with the cookie crumbs. Keep refrigerated.

You may notice you never bake the crust--and this isn't a typo. If eating raw eggs (uh-hum cookie dough) scares you then all I can say is that you are missing out!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I have a bushel of peaches that I will for sure use some of them on this! (I think I saw this picture on yours or Karisa's blog and I so wished I had the recipe. You read my mind!)

Karisa said...

Well I'm glad to have to official recipe. I always wondered why mine never turned out like yours. I always melted the butter and mixed everything together with a fork.